Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Where to keep the kid's art supplies

I am searching again for the best place to keep the kids art supplies...you know the pencils, scissors, glue, crayons, watercolor paint, finger paint, coloring books, plain paper...all that stuff that kids need to have access to at home. I tried having them in the dining room - but that did not work because they were to low and we had a baby in the house at the same level. I have one of those cube shelves from Target...that worked for awhile, the only problem was whatever we wanted was always at the bottom of the basket. So my latest try is a shelf in the hall closet. It is not located as close to the table as I would prefer, but I think it will work because things will be easier to access. To be exact it is the 2nd shelf in the cabinet, the 1st won't work because my 1yo likes to get things out and when the cabinet is open to say get out the vacuum he can reach the 1st shelf. We will give this a try. Maybe someday I can find a better storage piece for the corner of the dining room and then the "homework" station will return to its rightful place - near the family table.

Now the next challenge - were to put the stuff that was on the self that was vacated in the closet????

No comments: