Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Day After

I woke up this morning to the news that Barrack Obama will become the new President of the United States in January. I pray for protection for his family during this time. I am concerned for the safety of him, his wife and children, and our country more now than I have been in the last few years.

One benefit I see of Obama winning the position of President - it opens the door for women. How? black men recieved the right to vote before ALL women. Therefore it has been my belief for several years that our country will elecct a black male to the White House before we elect a woman to any position in the White House. Now that we have crossed that bridge maybe in my lifetieme I will see a woman in the White House?

That is my $.02 about the 2008 election.

2 comments:

Domestic Goddess said...

I wonder about their safety as well, although now as the future pres, he has all the bells and whistles to help protect him.

And you just might see a woman president, Hilary will more then likely run again, and Sarah Palin has stated that if McCain didn't win, she herself would run for president in 2012 or later. :)

Sara said...

I totally agree with you - now that a black man has been elected president, maybe in our lifetimes a woman will be elected to that office as well!

I also agree with you on the timing. I always thought that a black man would get elected before a woman of any color.