Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bubbles

Who loves bubbles? Kids of all ages!!!!! Big kids, little kids, adults, infants - EVERYONE loves bubbles. Bubbles are all the rage at weddings these days. I still have "bubble juice" containers from our wedding, somewhere.

When I worked in child care the end of the day was one of the most challenging times. There were tings to clean up, children that needed attention and who were tired at the end of a long day. One of my favorite answers - bubbles. There is NO mess with bubbles. They can be put away quickly after the last child leaves, because at most centers you do not receive pay after your shift is over for clean up time. Bubbles don't hurt the carpet and kids love them.

Bubbles are fun for infants who enjoy watching them.
Bubbles are fun for toddlers who enjoy chasing after and catching them.
Bubbles are fun for preschoolers who run and jump to get them.
Bubbles are fun for schoolages who want to blow them!
Bubbles are fun for adults because they make everyone else happy!


I keep a container of bubble solution in my car all the time. It is a wonderful diversion when stuck in traffic. One wintery evening my son and I went to the store, while we were there a strange weather system moved through coating ALL of the roads with ice. Our trip home normally takes less than 10 minutes, on this day it took almost an hour! Bubbles were the last trick in my bag! The helped us when we were sitting in traffic to have something else to think about other than the fact we were not moving.

What are your favorite bubble time activities?

No comments: