Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Morning Chores

Tuesday I took the boys to the Splash Pad. It was fun playing in the water and on the playground equipment. DS decided that he wanted grilled cheese for lunch - so that was the plan. Walking back to the car I noticed a few familiar faces, turned out I knew the whole group of moms and children and we ended up eating PB&J with them.

One of the conversations got me thinking. The mom mentioned that her children had "Morning Chores" another mom commented that her children have them, too. So I decided today was the day to start Morning Chores. I made a list of 5 things that my 4 year old can do independently. I wrote them and drew pictures of the 5 things that he needs to do in the mornings.

Morning Chores
1. Eat breakfast with 1 spoon [bowl and 1 spoon]
2. Get dressed [shirt and shorts]
3. Make your bed [bed]
4. Take out the recycling [drawings of several recycling items]
5. Brush your teeth (independently) [toothbrush]

He did everyone of them this morning without any nagging! I was most impressed with his cheerful attitude. I did not have a chance to look at his bed until nap time - it was made (wasn't perfect but that is okay.) He did it ALL by himself with NO whining and NO nagging! I was impressed! Thanks for the suggestion Moms!

No comments: